Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Shoot Me in the Face

Just a bad poker night. Just horrific.

Heads-up $50+$5 I flop top pair, river two pair and lose to trips in a very well-played match otherwise.

Played awful in the $23,000 guarantee, finishing in the middle of the pack after some idiot calls my raise (makes it worse I was playing premium cards and up) with 9-5 off, spikes two more on the flop and my dumbass pays him off on the river because, well, I hit an ace and I guess I just couldn't put him on a five.

Then, I cash in a $100+$9 sit n'go, which is okay except my computer froze and I got blinded out with $3,000 in chips, one double-up away from being chip leader.

Then in this dumb fucking $50+$5 sit n' go I was the chip leader with six left, dude min. raises, two callers I say fuck it and call with 5-3 off in the BB. I flopped a two piece and led out, initial raiser calls. I check raise the queen all-in on the turn and he calls with J-10, so of course he catches his higher two piece on the river. Two hands later I get knocked out with 8s against A-6.

"Yeah, it's just ten times the blind, I'll call with a bad ace."

I swear to God, aside from the guarantee, I played really well, got my chips in good for the most part, but there's some lucky motherfuckers out there.

I will not let this dumb session deter me, however. I just had to let all that out because if I don't I'm just gonna think about it all night and there's nothing productive about that.

One more time, though: like, seriously, why the fuck would someone risk all their chips with a mediocre ten? Who calls a raise for half their chips pre-flop with A-6 off? Whether a tight player raised or not, who the fuck would call with 9-5 off OUT OF POSITION???? Like... ugh, it's pointless. I'm not saying I've never sucked out before, but come on. Those are three brutal suck-outs!

Makes me want to punch someone in the fucking kidney!













BULLSHIT!!!!

No comments: