Thursday, August 21, 2008

Great Poker... But Cashing Out????

$700 in two sessions. Not too shabby.

Finished 16th out of 500 in the $77 Knock-out on Full Tilt last night, and followed that up with a win in a $109 sit n go tonight. Cool and all; I'm happy about the results, having put in two very solid sessions. No doubt that reading Gus Hansen's book cover to cover three times has definitely helped my game.

Now, I'm facing a serious dilemna: the cash-out process.

I honestly haven't cashed out since Epassporte left the market unexpectedly in June. And, from my understanding, Full Tilt's check process right now is an utter mess, according to blogger Pokerfarce from the Big Edge Poker Blog team. At first I was like, "Come on, it can't be that bad."

But, I Googled it. Everybody is having problems with their checks. Maybe this is it... maybe the government is officially cracking down on online poker.

That being said, the consensus is that Pokerstars has a pretty good system in place in terms of turning checks around. I'm also trying to semi-launder my money through UB (not actually; I plan on doubling before I cash out).

I don't know though. Even before the demise of Epassporte I had my doubts. Hopefully the government (vote Obama) will come to their senses and realize that poker is nothing like the lottery and that poker is nothing more than playing the stock market with chips and people.

But, hey, at least I'm playing out of my mind, right?

No comments: